Who We Are
Bill Schley – President, Co-founder
Bill Schley is an award-winning branding expert, author, speaker and a life-long entrepreneur. He is President and Co-Founder of BrandTeamSix and is known for creating the Dominant Selling Idea at some of the world’s most successful companies. He began his career as a writer at legendary Ted Bates Advertising Agency–the original Mad Men agency in New York–where he won an Effie Award for sales effective advertising. In addition to The UnStoppables, his fourth book, he is the author of Why Johnny Can’t Brand which won the award for “Top 5 Marketing Books of the Year” by Strategy+Business Magazine, and The Micro-Script Rules. He was appeared on CNBC’s Street Signs, CNN Money Online and numerous syndicated radio programs.
- Founding Partner and Creative Director at David ID, the Connecticut branding firm. Founder and head of strategic marketing at Home Financial Network, Inc., industry’s #1 easy-to-use home banking software. Merged with Sybase (NYSE: SAP) to became Financial Fusion, Inc., growing from 5 to 350 employees with clients around the world.
- Copywriter at Ted Bates, New York; won industry’s Effie Award for sales-effective national advertising.
- Wrote a screenplay for 20th Century Fox.
- Author of best-selling book published by HarperCollins, Power of 10. Author of award-winning Why Johnny Can’t Brand: Rediscovering the lost art of the Big Idea (Originally from Penguin Books), Author of The Micro-Script Rules: It’s not what people hear. It’s what they repeat… (N.W. Widener)
- Graduate of Harvard University, Sailor, Skydiver
Graham Weston – Member, Board of Advisors
Dan Schley – Director
Dan is our senior business and category strategist. He’s a life-long entrepreneur and accomplished business leader, having started and built several successful high-tech organizations.
- Chief Executive Officer at Foundation Source, the largest administrative and advisory firm for private foundations in the U.S.
- Chief Executive Officer at Financial Fusion, Inc., an industry leader in Web-based financial services
- Chairman & CEO at Home Financial Network, sold to Sybase
- Chairman & CEO of MECA Software, Inc., sold to H&R Block, Inc.
- Sits on the boards of several technology and financial service organizations including Voyager Capital, Saint Ventures and Dolphin II
- BA from Stanford University and an MBA from Harvard Business School
Lorenzo Gomez III – Director, Senior Creative Strategist
Lorenzo is our senior concept strategist and creative “thought partner” at BrandTeamSix. He is an accomplished business builder, writer, philanthropy professional, and highly regarded public speaker. His unique insights on the origin and nature of brands and his sharp communications sense make him an invaluable member of the Team.
- Managing Director of Geekdom, “the place where start-ups are born.” Geekdom is a collaborative co-workspace, start-up incubator and entrepreneurial education center, designed to advance the entrepreneurial eco-system in America’s cities. Geekdom has offices in San Antonio, TX and San Francisco, CA, with several more cities in development.
- Executive Director of The 80/20 Foundation. Gomez helped to establish the 80/20 Foundation on behalf of serial-entrepreneur and philanthropist Graham Weston in 2012.
- Lorenzo spent a decade in multiple roles with the global managed hosting and cloud computing pioneer, Rackspace. His many roles included Director of Project Management, reporting to the COO’s office. He was also responsible for assisting in the launch of European customer support operations, and managed multiple Microsoft and Linux support teams.
- Treasurer of LiberiaNow, a 501(c)3 agency serving the impoverished in Liberia, West Africa. He has also served as treasurer of the SA2020 project, appointed by Mayor Julian Castro to focus on San Antonio’s transition to a world-class city by the year 2020.
Bret Piatt – Director, Strategic Tech Translation
Bret has the unique ability to identify the “technological moat,” allowing a business to translate its message into simple, understandable language for non-technical consumers and customers. He is a distinguished, senior product development and corporate strategy executive with a career focused on Internet technologies, including network managed services, web application hosting, cloud computing, big data, and distributed systems. In short, he knows everything.
- General Manager of Cloud Office at Rackspace, a global software-as-a-service (SaaS) business that provides email and productivity solutions to millions of employees at over 50,000 companies. Bret transformed a collection of separate products into a compelling portfolio, substantially increasing the growth rate for the business unit. In addition he launched Rackspace’s first Google powered product and the first managed service offering with Microsoft for their Office 365 cloud technology.
- Prior to leading Cloud Office Bret spent the better part of five years on the Rackspace Corporate Strategy team where he had the opportunity to be a crucial member of the core team that formed OpenStack, “The Linux of the Cloud.”
- Before Rackspace Bret spent time at “the phone company” where he lead the AT&T Managed Firewall Services from the middle of the pack in 2005 into the Leaders’ Quadrant of Gartner’s Managed Security Service Providers by 2007.
Bill Seith – Director of Effectiveness Strategy
Bill is a retired Navy SEAL, entrepreneur, speaker and expert on enhanced team performance and accelerated proficiency. He spent over 20 years operating in high risk environments and teaching others to excel in the arena of Special Operations as a SEAL Instructor. Bill is a Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) in Aerospace and Defense contracting and Instructional Design and technology.
- SEAL Instructor
- SEAL Sniper
- Underwater SDV Pilot/Navigator
- Team Performance Specialist
- Chief Special Operations Consultant on The UnStoppables book
- BS – Workforce Education and Development – Southern Illinois University
- Master of Science Instructional Design and Innovation – [Graduation April 2016]
Dan Knol – Director of Design Services
Dan oversees all design services and has 25+ years of industry experience as a senior art director and graphic designer. He specializes in corporate communications and identity work.
His career journey began in advertising art direction, overseeing projects from concept, design through production for various local and national clients including Turtle Wax, Ohio Art Toys, Arby’s, McDonald’s, OfficeMax and Whirlpool.
- Senior art director, Publicis & Hal Riney, Chicago.
- Nationally recognized design award-winner for a number of logo/trademarks.
- Founder, Outta My Mind, Visual Comm., now Knol Design, Inc. – where he consults with clients for all corporate communications needs.
- Graduate of The University of Arizona.
Celita Oman – Director of Logistics